Everyone seems to own a blog or two these days. If you look at the official numbers released by WordPress, there were more than 77 million new posts published on WordPress.com in August 2018.
That’s just WordPress.com – the free blogging platform, alone.
You don’t need me to tell you that the blogsphere is crowded and noisy and messy place.
To stand out from the crowd, you need to do more than just work hard – you need smart strategies and a good start.
Here are 10 things you shouldn’t do at your blog (accompanied with links to further reading sources):
- Copy others’ blog content
- Post only once or twice a year
- Spam your readers with too many ads
- Let the comment section go unmanaged
- Stop interacting with your readers
- Write off topic posts
- Not focusing enough in marketing
- Allow too many guest posts
- Run on outdated plugins and software (surprisingly more than 30% of WordPress.org users are making this mistake)
- Hosting your blog on a very slow web host
Starting a blog is very easy; but mastering the art of blogging is another story.
What are some of the mistakes you have done that screw up your blog?
If you could turn back time, what are the mistakes you wish to right?